Chapter 2: Three Weeks Later
August 25, 2012
FOX NEWS ALERT
This just in: a long-term convict—42 year-old Aaron Blake Hunter— has just escaped from maximum security at Oregon State Penitentiary in Salem. Hunter was serving four life sentences without possibility of parole for a series of brutal murders, including the murder of Jean Preston, a decorated Portland police officer and the rape-murder of fourteen year-old Jenna Thompson.
Details on the escape are still being investigated, but it seems that Hunter was able to arrange for false transfer orders and attacked the officers attempting to move him, killing one of them in the process. The warden reports that the guards shot Hunter at least twice after he did the impossible—climbing the security fence and jumping over the outer perimeter within seconds. Despite these injuries, Hunter is still at large and is considered extremely dangerous.
In the early morning of February 8, 1986, neighbors were woken by the sound of gunshots from inside the home of Randal and Jean Preston. The scene that awaited the police inside was nothing short of a blood bath. Investigator reports state that Aaron Hunter had been stalking the Preston’s fourteen year-old foster daughter Jenna Thompson for at least two days before he broke in through her bedroom window on the night of February 7th. Once inside, Hunter proceeded to rape Jenna, ultimately killing her as well as Randal Preston and a family friend Jim Sanders who were both home. Evidence at autopsy revealed that all three victims sustained severe and prolonged beatings before dying of internal injuries and that they had all been dead for at least an hour before Jean Preston arrived home where Hunter had waited for her. Jean Preston, a decorated Portland police officer sustained severe physical trauma before Hunter shot her multiple times with her own gun. Police say that finding Hunter was as easy as prosecuting him; he was still sitting in the room with his victims covered in their blood.
Although Aaron Hunter was only sixteen at the time, he was tried as an adult for the multiple heinous crimes that were clearly premeditated. Today, outraged friends and family of his victims, including the grieving family of correctional officer Steven Fletcher, are asking for the public’s help in serving justice by getting this killer back behind bars.
• 1 week before full moon, mid-afternoon on September 15
• many loci lost/forgotten in Portland
• CO Hunter attacked during escape died
• Felix and Daniel not happy about hearing who Hunter is on the news
• lamppost locus on burnside + morrison
• Hunter obtains Karina’s address from contact in prison, breaks in. Finds rotten food, 20$, knife, info on board + computer:
o Al – diplomat from Europe, phone#
o Damon – full moon investigations, website, phone#
o Grayson – hired bounty hunter/mercenary, able to do & presumably done various jobs, has website, not on the grid, phone#
• Hunter contacts Grayson to get established
• name of book in museum: Syllabae Tenebrarum.
• Local people disappearing.
• Special Exhibit:
Ancient Cults – Their Rituals and Practice. A RESEARCH LIBRARY Exhibit.
The European Occult Studies and Research Library Archives is one of the world’s storehouses for over 30,000 historical documents, photographs, rare books, and other records. This exhibit is open to the occult researcher as well as the curious visitor. More than 12,000 images and 5,000 segment have been selected from this collection. Video and audio segments, are available for vieweing at the online resource UOSRA.EU.org
In addition to the core museum exhibits, 5,000 square feet of gallery space is dedicated to changing exhibitions. Special touring exhibitions, as well as short-term exhibits supplementing the core exhibits, fill this adaptable gallery space.
The Syllabae Tenebrarum:
roughly translated as “Darkness Poetry” in Latin
This is such a rare Tome of Occult rituals and mystic prophecy, that in the 20th century was declared “lost to history”.
Recently, a copy of one of these tomes having been delicately preserved was discovered and authenticated as dating to 1669. (The oldest and most complete tome to date) This beautiful leather bound copy was provided by local collector, NATHAN KING.
The dark pages are written in papyrus and dyed with dark Indigo ink. The ink used for the lettering is a combination of the same Indigo dye used for the pages as well as wolf’s blood (common in occult rituals)
The page is open to a piece of poetry and has been translated from Latin as follows:
My liege lies trapped in Shadow-
Has a face without comprehension, a dark smile to hide the pain.
My liege in the Shadow
Doesn’t know how much longer he can keep trying-
Everyday he’s slowly dying.
Tegarath in the dark-
Sits all alone
But wants a place to truly call home.
Tegarath in the Shadow-
Wants nothing more than to be free
I know this because
He’s my lord, his minions guide me -
I’ll open the Shadow and free my god.
• Placard says: written in latin, tomb of dark poetry used for supernatural
• Example of page: shadow realm, releasing a god
• internet search: strange cult, Tegarath, old tomb/cult from 1600s-1700s
• book was donated by Mr. Nathan King – local magistrate level judge. family was killed- raped/murdered- he took a year off and started looking into cults and collecting writings
• Hunter looks through Damon’s contact list on his phone
• Damon and Hunter look into Shadow realm, see woman trapped
• Damon, Daniel and Felix track down trapped human in Shadow, Hunter steals tombs from King
• Hunter finds secret room behind fake bookshelf with lots of copies of the book: Russian, Greek, Latin, Portuguese
• Hunter feels a lot of negativity in the room, feels like depression – doesn’t necessarily recognize it
• Hunter finds camera, takes video of books, takes copy of hardrive & harddrive of desktop, takes Latin and Portuguese books
• Comes back later with Damon and Felix—take 6 more books (2 russian, 2 Greek, latin + portuguese)
• King’s bodyguard is carrying silver bullets and wolf’s bane