Chapter 3: Identity
Portland City police are asking for the public’s help to identify a man who broke into a judges residence.
The burglary took place Saturday at a judges residence in the West Hills near the Pittock Mansion historical site.
At 500 NW Hilltop Drive. Police responded to multiple reports of shots fired.
According to police investigators, the suspect forced his way into a first floor study, causing substantial damage to the window. Once inside the burglar stole a hard-drive and eight tomes of a rare collection of historical writings dating from the 1100’s to the1600’s. Another one of these works is currently on loan to the Portland Art Museum.
Magistrate Judge Nathan King reported to police investigators that he was just arriving home when his dogs were being attacked by a timber wolf. He immediately went inside to call animal control, and heard shots fired near the south east side of his house.
The suspect allegedly fired shots at Mr. Nathan King’s associate (who has asked to remain anonymous).
Mr. King’s associate told police that he surprised the burglar, and was shot at as the suspect fled .
Detective Sean Barrett told reporters that the suspect is described as a white man, 6’1" to 6’3", unshaven, muscular build, with dark brown hair.
If you know anything about this crime, please call Portland City police, or Detective Barrett directly at 503-*-**.
• September 16, 2012 – early morning
• 4 days since Hunter last changed
• Hunter’s looks into what happened with the judge’s family
• Hunter goes to King’s house, finds cameras on the outside of the house. tampers with one.
• White van pulls up- private security company; worker gets out and fixes camera
• Hunter follows worker, knocks him out and takes his phone. Breaks cameras watching window and lets himself in. Does a more thorough search of the house—finds name of guard:
• James Fortune (J.F.)- bodyguard, small time drug dealer, served time—knife, gun, drugs
• Returns to Karina’s—gets her help searching King and JF
• King has no abnormal calls other than J.F.
• JF associates:
o Short – local drug dealer
o Unnamed number – traces to warehouse landline on SW side – have address
• Hunter read’s Short’s contacts
• Tracing phone numbers: Ned and Mary received 1 phone call from JF last month. JF received 1 call from unnamed number 1 minute after.
• JF and King are currently at Federal building
• Hunter and Karina go to warehouse on bike – Hunter asks how long ago Karina first changed -18 years.
• Warehouse – camera watching main door, two bay doors locked. No one around, no one inside. Hunter breaks lock and they go in. Empty, fresh ammonia, cleaned symbols of different colors off of floor/walls. Hunter recognizes some from books. No connections.
• Whatever was there was obviously moved out quickly last night.
• Calls JF made last night after break in: Detective Barret, Short, Ned
• Someone tries to counter hack Karina’s computer – Karina wins and gets info:
• Ned – 16 yo high school hacker, no criminal record, address.
• Hunter and Karina go to Ned’s house. Ned not home, Karina distracts mother at front door while Hunter sneaks in back.
• Ned’s room is normal, no supercomputer, no leads. Hunter takes a sock, goes back out.
• Resolve+Composure+Primal Urge = failure = Hunter loses control and shifts to gauru form
• Hunter smashes car/building, enters death rage, kills 3 people
• Succeeds composure+resolve = reverts to human and regains awareness.
• Naked and covered in blood, runs to the tree line in the hills. Cleans up, steals clothes, heads home to shower.
• +3 XP